Businesswomen a-plenty flocked to the 2nd Annual Women in Leadership Forum Asia 2012 at the Royale Chulan Hotel, where a whole host of influential speakers and international business leaders including Eva Cheng, Chairman of Amway, and Sung Joo Kim, the founder of Sung Joo D&D, were present to network and share the secrets of their success.
Organised by French business information group naseba, the two-day conference featured a packed programme consisting of lively panel sessions and interactive roundtable discussions that revolved around the event’s three main goals to ‘Influence, Innovate and Inspire’, as well as the prestigious WIL Achievement Award ceremony.
In a speech given at the official opening ceremony, Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor called for women to position themselves as “business game changers”, with naseba’s Chief Executive Officer, Sophie Le Ray, on hand for the subsequent gift presentation. After that, it was onwards and upwards, with topics such as career motivations and women’s communication styles being presented to the floor as food for thought.
In between scheduled discussions, conference attendees snapped up copies of Marie Claire Malaysia – one of WIL’s official media partners – during networking coffee breaks, while Day Two saw equally enthusiastic debates over the subject of ‘womenomics’ and the value of women in the corporate world, as well as the question of how to get male leaders to cooperate in encouraging emerging women leaders.
1. Yasmin Mahmood, Ming Ming Liu, Katharina Hoehne, Fiona Gordon and Liling Lim.
2. John Zinkin, Osman Mora and Jaspal Bindra.
3. Raja Teh Maimunah and Kolin Jamil.
4. Katharina Hoehne, Osman Mora, Umran Beba and Sanjay Modi.
5. Stefanie Braukmann with delegates of the forum.
6. Sophie Le Ray, Ming Ming Liu, Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor, Dr. Jannie Chan and Eva Cheng.
7. Christina Patin and Dato Jaffar Indot with delegates at the event.
Gucci threw an exclusive children’s party at the Pavilion flagship store to celebrate the official launch of the S/S12 children’s collection in Malaysia. The event was filled with fun activities such as caricature drawing, balloon sculpting and sticker tattooing, and a kids’ fashion parade. Guests were treated to a delectable children’s menu as well as a candy bar which was specially set up for the celebration. As a parting gift, guests and their children received special instant photograph prints and Gucci gift bags which included a Gucci teddy bear gold foil balloon and specially hand-packed candy.
1. Kids strutting down the runway.
2. Dato` AC Mizal, Fia, Damien and Datin Emylia..
3. Raja Athira Sophia having her caricature drawn.
4. Ms Ratna Idawati and family.
5. Mr Raymond Ho, Claire Ho and Ms Clarins Wong.
6. Ezzan Zulfadzli, Rayyan, Nik Azura Nik Aminaldin and Idris.
Inspired by the era of glamour and jazz, Thomas Sabo unveiled their latest Sterling Silver S/S12 Collection, Glam & Soul, at Tanzini, G Tower Hotel. It was a stylish night of glitz and glamour with the attendance of local celebrities, the beautiful Miss Malaysia Universe 2011, Kimberley Leggett and Malaysia’s dashing television host, Hansen Lee, just to name a few. Guests previewed the Glam & Soul collection featuring the Seasonal, Rebel At Heart, Classic and Special Addition lines whilst being entertained by local jazz songstress, Nur Farhan and her vivacious band.
1. Nur Farhan performing at the event.
2. Melissa Indot, Vanidah Imran, Kimberley Leggett and Bernie Chan.
3. Joey G and Jojo Struys.
4. Hansen Lee.
5. Vanidah Imran and Xandria Ooi.
A special champagne brunch was hosted by Montblanc at the iconic Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles to celebrate the launch of the Princesse Grace de Monaco collection. HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Princess Charlene graced the event, as did celebrities such as Rosario Dawson, Teri Hatcher, Petra Nemcova and Mischa Barton. Guests sipped on champagne and enjoyed the award-winning culinary delights of Chef Wolfgang Puck while being entertained by Pat Senatore and the Vibrato Jazz Band from the Tijuana Brass.
1. Teri Hatcher and daughter Emerson Hatcher.
2. Beatrice Rosen.
3. Morgan Fairchild.
4. Cara Santana and Jesse Metcalfe.
5. Petra Nemcova, Hofi t Golan and Rosario Dawson.
6. Sean Young.