1. Sheer black tops go with everything but hunt down the new season’s printed pants to get the look of the moment. Chiffon blouse and printed pants, price unavailable, DKNY; platform loafers, RM440, Aldo.
2. The monochrome dress hits a high note with both tough leather and demure lace. Dress with lace sleeves and leather skirt, price unavailable, Raoul.
3. Go for the foolproof trifecta – white skinny jeans, single-breasted blazer and oxford shirt – for an effortlessly chic look. Jacket, RM519, Banana Republic; shirt, RM450, Tommy Hilfiger; jeans, RM532, Replay; pumps, RM490, Aldo.
4. Give the basic shirt and jeans repertoire an edge with a fierce, spike-happy bag. Shirt, RM403, Tommy Hilfiger; jeans, price unavailable, DKNY; Shinjuku minaudiere, RM1199, Klutched at M Women.
5. Update basic black cigarette pants with a fashionable tank featuring interesting details like a goldtrimmed neckline. Top, RM599, BCBGMAXAZRIA; pants, RM875, Bimba & Lola; pumps, RM360, Aldo.
6. Start stocking up on skirts from knee-length pencils to midis, to pair with a dependable, long-sleeved striped tee. Knit top, RM349, Karen Millen; A-line skirt, RM755 and clutch, RM765, Bimba & Lola.