One of the highlights of the Malaysia International Fashion Week (MIFW) 2011 was the Melium Gala fashion show, which dazzled the audience with an assortment of designer creations on the runway. The evening started off with Emilio Pucci’s colourful Fall/Winter 2011 collection, followed by a showcase of Yves Saint Laurent’s luxurious Fall/Winter 2011 designs. FARAH KHAN’s Message Dresses were a big hit, wowing the entire crowd; the night then closed with a breathtaking parade of FARAH KHAN’s Spring/Summer 2012 collection.
1. The Melium Gala fashion show opens to a packed house.
2. Dato Farah Khan, Lilian Too and Puan Sri Siew Yong Gnanalingam.
3. Arianna Teoh and Dato Farah Khan.
4. Dr Becky Leogardo.
5. Rozita Ajmain, Dato Farah Khan, Maya Kusuma and Efza Mohamed.
6. Shera and Dato Nancy Yeoh.
7. Tengku Siska.
8. Fatiha Sharif, Nadia Nasimuddin, Suraya Sharif, Magie Abang Saufi, Nina Azman.
Hermès opened their Paris Mon Ami pop-up stand at Pavilion KL (decorated with eyecatching Hermès scarf motifs), giving visitors the opportunity to go on an adventurous exploration of the brand`s silk scarves and enamel accessories. The event session included a demonstration of the many ways in which a Hermès scarf could be worn, and pictures of guests garbed in Hermès scarf designs were snapped at the on-site photo studio.
1. Looking pretty chic in Hermès.
2. An Hermès patterned scarf.
3. Wearing the scarf as a halter top.
4. Marie Claire editor Mindy Teh with other media.
5. Inside the pop-up stand.
Watch and Learn
Hermès recently opened a boutique dedicated to its watch collections at Starhill Gallery in Kuala Lumpur, featuring a beautifully designed interior and four cherry wood showcases displaying the brand’s timepieces, such as the Arceau and Cape Cod. As any keen horlogerie enthusiast will know, Hermès’ history of watchmaking dates back to the 1920s.
1. Opening launch at Starhill Gallery.
2. Jèrôme Souman and Tammy Wang.
3. Guest registration.
4. Hermès` fi rst watch boutique in Malaysia.
5. Lyn Chan and Amy Fong.
6. Arceau timepiece.
In celebration of its 25 wonderful years in Sydney, Louis Vuitton opened its 13th Maison in the world on George Street. This 3-storey Maison is designed with a special concept of two personalisation services: the ‘Made-to-Order Shoes’ for male clients and ‘Made to-Order Unique’ handbag designs from the finest leathers for women. For the inauguration of the Maison, British artist Billie Achilleos created three exclusive original works of a Crocodile, Kangaroo and Koala from Louis Vuitton’s own bags. Australian-born Hollywood actress Cate Blanchett was on hand to grace the occasion, along with Yves Carcelle, Chairman and CEO of the Louis Vuitton. Dan Carter, Miranda Kerr, Megan Gale, Nikki Phillips and Delta Goodrem were also some of the special guests who attended the opening.
1. Louis Vuitton’s newest Maison on George Street.
2. Philip Corne, Cate Blanchett, Yves Carcelle and Jean-Baptiste Debains.
3. Leah Wood and Ronnie Wood.
4. Miranda Kerr.
5. Jessica Gomes.
6. Isabel Lucas and Yves Carcelle.